On Thursday 17th November 2022, FS Panel Management joined the Avery & Co Annual CPD Conference 2022.
The event sponsored by Surventrix and Sava in association with Merseyside & Cheshire Blood Bikes was held at The Yacht Club in Liverpool Marina. The conference supported continued professional development on Residential Surveys and Valuation, with insights from notable speakers across the industry.
Ben Darley from FS Panel Management said:
“The event provided us with a fantastic opportunity to meet with colleagues and peers in the industry, and Avery & Co organised a superb event covering a range of topics affecting the industry. We gained a great deal of knowledge that will help to support our processes and clients for the future.”
The speaker lineup included:
- ‘Welcome and Introduction’ – Louise Avery from Avery & Co, a Chartered Surveyor and Managing Director of Avery & Co who hosted the event.
- ‘Retrofit cavity wall & Spray foam insulation, Dampness in traditional buildings’. – Andrew Bradshaw, founding partner of RTC Group which specialises in damp control, dry rot, woodworm treatments, basement and structural waterproofing, structural and concrete repairs, and flood remediation.
- ‘Case Law update. Building Safety Act six months on and conflict avoidance’. – Matthew Fedigan, Director of Domec Professional Services and Postgraduate Module Leader for Law. His role is focused around leading service offerings relating to dispute resolution in respect of land, construction and property disputes.
- ‘RICS and RICS Residential valuation related standards update’. – Nigel Sellars, Director at RICS who manages a range of RICS industry forums and is responsible for the development and delivery of international standards related projects (Comprising primarily standards, guidance, insight, education and training) with a focus on property and residential valuation to ensure consistency in the application of international standards in the region.
- ‘A practical guide on how to successfully fight a claim’. – Richard Ballam, Technical Director at Housecheck, a Chartered Surveyor which carries out residential surveys and supports Housecheck in the development of their survey technology and legal compliance of the firm, and day to day running of the business.
- ‘Ground Source Heat Pumps, Today and Tomorrow’ – Chris Davidson, Chairman of Genius Energy Labs. As an Active member of the Association for Decentralised Energy, and Chair of the Policy Development Committee at the Ground Source Heat Pump Association, Chris plays a key role in shaping UK energy policy via government access.
- ‘Basements, heatwaves, and how to get from an E to a C without breaking the bank!’ – Phil Parnham, Chartered Building Surveyor with over forty years experience in the property sector. Phil has written a number of books, journal articles and conference papers, including The Surveyors Guide to RICS Home Surveys.
- ‘A Practical Guide to diagnosing Structural Movement.’ – Malcolm Holland, a Chartered Building Surveyor at Countrywide Services. Malcolm has great experience and wrote the book – A Practical Guide to Diagnosing Structural Movement, which published in 2012 by Wiley Blackwell.